Friday, February 4, 2011

My Foundation Routine!

My foundation is something that is really important to me and it's what I invest most in. Flawless skin is an essential when it comes to boosting your confidence. When my skin is clear I feel so much better about myself and It helps me reach an overall happiness. Therefore, I don't feel guilty at all spending a little more money to achieve this. Here's what I do!

***(Keep in mind, I shower at night, remove all my makeup, and wash my face at this time. Then, I wake up with a fresh clean face and do not wash it a second time before applying my makeup)

Step 1: Firstly, I apply Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with an SPF of 30 all over my entire face. I then let that set so I can continue with my routine.

Step 2: Now I take my MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer and apply it to my problem areas using a fine tip brush where it can easily provide good coverage to all of my blemishes. This step is KEY to reaching pretttty skin! Sometimes, if I have under-eye circles I will apply some concealer to them as well, just to make sure that I don't look like a zombie!

Step 3: Once my face has been moisturized and my blemishes have been concealed, I take a medium sized brush and apply my bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 powder foundation to my entire face. I then go in with a larger, fluffier brush and do the same thing, adding a little more product, but mainly blending everything together.

Step 4: The basics of my foundation have now been completed. I then add a highlight, Benefit's Highbeam to my upper cheek bones for a bit of shine and dimension. This easy and subtle step truly makes a huge difference.

Step 5: I then go ahead and apply my Faux Tan All-Over Face Color (Bronzer to contour my cheekbones) by bareMinerals.

Step 6: The last thing I do for my foundation routine is apply some blush to spice things up and add some necessary color to my complexion! I don't wear blush on a daily basis because I like keeping things simple however, when I do I almost always go for my Benefit Benetint (which is a lip and cheek stain).

Thats it! Those 5 and sometimes 6 steps and I'm all ready to start my day off with "made up" skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment